Eyeglasses are part tools, part fashion, always important and can be quite expensive. You will keep your eyeglasses a long time. Your local optician is trained and experience to help select the best frames and lenses.
Your eye exam provides the corrective prescription for eyeglasses. You now have choices.
- Regular glass lens, plastic lenses, polycarbonate lenses, transition lenses
- Reading glasses, bi-focal, tri-focal, progressive lens
- Antireflective coating reduces glare diving at night and while using a computer in an office with fluorescent lighting
- Polycarbonate is scratch resistant, light weigh, impact resistant and UV protectant.
- For strong prescriptions you might consider thinner, lightweight lenses
- Scratch-resistant coatings, UV tints, and anti-reflective coatings available
Frames compliment your facial structure (round, square, oval, long, and heart-shaped) as well as, hair color, and skin tone. A trained optician will help you select the perfect fit, comfort, and fashion.
Consider a second pair. You’re here now and back-up eyeglasses will come in handy. It is going to be a few years until you get new lens and frames so get the ones now that make you look great and feel comfortable.