Now that your optometric office has a website, you think everything is good? Think again. Patients have moved and you need to catchup.
Patients once used the boss’s computer at work to find eye doctors and call to arrange eye exams. That’s not happening anymore. Since the iPhone 6 and other larger screen mobile phones arrived, patients have stopped using the office desktop computer. Their own smart phones are now nice enough AND private enough. What’s changed?
1. Personal smart phones are private and more convenient. Bookmarks, smart browsers with saved information are just easier to use.
2. Personal smart phones with new 4G connections might be faster than the boss’s shared office bandwidth.
3. Smart phones go home with the employee and patients can pick up the web session at their convenience.
4. Personal phones are engaged with personal sites like Facebook, Twitter, and personal email that are likely blocked on a work computer
5. The company’s computer shares too much with the company. It’s not the preferred way to do personal business for the employee or employer.
About your office website? How does is look on patient’s phones? Ask them. Or, better yet, look for yourself.
Here’s the real kicker. If your website is not MOBILE FRIENDLY then search engines will penalize your website ranking. Patients will click away. You will lose.
Want to see more patients, more often? We can help.
– – – – – – – – –
Nationally, 40-million eye exams expire un-used every year while 90-million adults skip annual vision care. Why? It is complicated to find a new optometrist, negotiate an appointment, book-an-exam, and expensive if an employer does not sponsor vision insurance. Patients will make the time to fill doctors’ schedules when it becomes easier for them. See Better. Look Better. Save Money. BidmyGlasses