A survey showed that most people would rather lose a limb than lose their vision. Then why, we ask, do most people neglect their eye health? The majority of Americans skip their eye exams because they feel as though they “don’t need it.” Doctors recommend adults with no family history of eye disease to go for an eye exam every two to three years. But for those who are approaching 40, doctors highly advise yearly eye exams. Why? Because that’s the period in our lives when our eye health, no matter how good it has been, begins to go downhill.
Even if you’re not approaching “that age” yet, we still recommend you to go in for your yearly checkups. Here are five absolute signs that you need to go get your eyes checked:
- Blurry vision – If you find yourself frequently moving your book or computer monitor away from your eyes in order to get a clearer view, then you are experiencing blurry vision. Blurry vision could be a symptom of something benign, like eye strain, or worse, like an eye disease.
- Headaches – Frequent headaches are a sign that you’re overworking and straining your eye muscles. Your eye muscles are constantly focusing and refocusing in order to get a better vision.
- Squinting – Ever find yourself rubbing your eyes a lot, blinking more often and squinting in order to get clearer vision? Again, this is a sign that your eyes are trying too hard to focus and find clarity, which means that something is wrong.
- Eye infection – Swollen eyelids, redness, itchiness, or discharge from the eye. If you have any of these symptoms, you are in serious need of an eye exam.
- Visual disturbances – Seeing stars, or random flashes of light? No, these aren’t normal, and could be a real indication of vision problems.
Have any, some, or all of these symptoms? Schedule your eye exam now at http://www.BidmyGlasses.com. We make it easy, online, 24/7 to select an eye doctor close to home, work or school. You’ll select from multiple eye doctors, see the doctor’s picture, biography, open exam dates, available exam times, prices, discounts, and coupons toward eyeglasses. We’ll confirm by email and text you two hours before the appointment.
BidmyGlasses helps find nearby eye doctors and instantly book an appointment online, anytime 24/7. BidmyGlasses works with local eye doctors to fill unused appointments and secures special prices and merchandise discounts for patients that want to save money. BidmyGlasses was founded in 2012 and currently serves a population of 954,000 people in Kingwood, Humble, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring, and Tomball Texas.